The perfect solution to a smelly problem. These granules absorb moisture & odors. Used to remove odor for books, papers, clothing or other inanimate objects, it will remove, cigarette smoke, mildew odors, and general mustiness. The granules are an inert and highly absorbent material, which look like brown couscous, have an organic base. All natural. Non-toxic. Made in the USA……yeah yeah yeah….that’s pretty much the description i have been using for what? 12 years now? and there’s not much more to say…it still works..I am still selling it and people are still buying it. And when you see it listed someplace else…University Products, Preservation Equipment etc… they have bought it from me. But alas I am not getting rich, these granules are specially made for me and ground for use to deodorizer unwashable materials. They are highly desiccated, which makes them highly absorbent..and every few years it costs more and more to do that, my grinders never explain why.
- Put a layer of granules in an airtight plastic container and seal the book up for at least 2 weeks.
- The length of time depends on the harshness of the odor.
- The granules last for about 6 months or more, depending on how much you use them.
- When they are spent, you can add them to your compost pile, they are biodegradable
- Available in Bulk 6lbs for professional users, 25lbs unbagged for emergency big jobs
Warnings: 1 Don’t sniff them, they are so dry they will fly up your nose and you will spend the rest of the day trying to snort it out. and 2 Fanning a book open inside a container is good, placing granules between the pages is bad. It really isn’t going to speed anything up, but you will NEVER get all the damn things out from in between the pages and when you close the book it makes a bunch of holes.